Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Growing So Fast!

Sarina loves pulling herself up now. Naptimes can be challenging, because she keeps pulling herself up in her crib and "talking" to Coleton, who is across the room in his bed, and then they get to laughing at each other. Though I know they should be sleeping, I just love to hear them in there. Here is a rare shot these days of Coleton smiling at the camera. He loves to smile, just not when I have the camera out. I "tricked" him into this shot. He was hiding from me (rather, my camera) in the closet. I had the camera focussed and ready for when he decided to show me where he was hiding.
Even more elusive, though, is my husband. We have no pictures of him on this blog (well, one side-angle shot). Sure looks like we're child-centered. My next goal is to get some pictures of Mr. Good-Lookin' up on this blog. If you think the kids are cute, wait until you see...
We are so grateful for all of you who have been praying for Coleton's healing and continued health. He has been doing great. He's had no need for factor since his surgery. The only issues since then have been bumps and bruises, which are just a part of daily life, and they don't bother him much.
I have a new favorite recipe to share with you! We have been trying to eat healthier, but finding healthy food that tastes good can be challenging. We weren't sure about this recipe, but since we first tried it, we have been having it for breakfast about every other morning.
Green Smoothies:
Blend in blender: 1/2 c. kefir, 1/2 c. coconut milk, 1/2 c. water, 2-3 T. orange juice concentrate, about 3 c. fresh spinach.
Add to blender and blend: 1 banana plus about 2 c. fresh or frozen fruit (strawberries, peaches, blueberries, pineapple, apple, etc.)
You can alter this recipe however you want, but the main thing is to get that spinach in there - a great way to eat your greens without realizing it! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Cute kids.....we miss seeing you guys.....someone needs to have a "family get-together" so we can all catch up.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, Love the cute pictures! Sarina sure looks like your dad(!) in that picture--I know I said before she looked like your mom :) Fun to hear how you're doing. (By the way, I am really looking forward to being with you all on May 9th--did I tell you that?--I hope so.) Blessings to you and yours! Mrs. Gunn

    ReplyDelete