Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcoming Spring with Flower Cookies!

Yesterday, we had a lot of fun making flower cookies. I didn't have a recipe for this cookie that I remember making in my past, but I found a cookie recipe that I thought could work. We made the dough, formed each dough ball around a piece of Dove dark chocolate, baked the cookies, and let them cool. We made frosting of pink, blue, orange, and yellow, and frosted the cookies in the first 3 colors. Then we snipped large marshmallows into 5 "petals", set them on top of the cookies to form a flower, and finished it off with a yellow frosting center. Even Coleton did a pretty good job of putting the pedals on, though the marshmallows kept sticking to his fingers or somehow finding their way into his mouth. I love these cookies for their look and the fun of making them. Warning: They are very sweet! (They are super yummy, too - my opinion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment