Monday, July 19, 2010

Biscuits & Potty Training

Saturday morning Chase made us breakfast. He's such a loving husband and does this many times so that I can have the luxury of sleeping in. This breakfast, however, I had to blog about. Chase is great in the kitchen, and sometimes he experiments with new things. This morning he tried making biscuits from scratch, just using the recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook. They were out of this world, the best biscuits I've ever had! We had them with butter and All Fruit ("don't ever call it jelly"), and I felt like I was having dessert for breakfast! I knew as soon as I tasted them that I had to take a picture and brag about my chef husband! Thanks, Honey! You're the best! (I won't mention anything about my being in the kitchen for the next hour cleaning up. ;-)
Today, I decided to put Sarina in underwear. We've been having her try going on the potty sporadically, just to get her started on the idea, but I've never put her in underwear or been consistent about having her go. I've been feeling like she might be ready, so today I decided I should just get her in underwear and get more serious about training. She hasn't had an accident all morning and she's gone right away all 4 times I've put her on the potty. So, I'm cautiously optimistic. This is definitely not the way it went for Coleton.

I’ve also had another, greater blessing this morning. Most of the morning, Coleton and Sarina have been playing together, independent from me, but very engaged with each other. At one point, I realized I hadn’t seen them in a while and it was fairly quiet in the house. I walked into their room to see that Coleton had been reading Sarina books for apparently quite a while. Throughout the morning, they’ve been playing together with this toy or that. Coleton has also been a great encourager to Sarina with the potty training. Every time she goes, I give them both an M&M. (I don’t want him to feel left out, as he is already trained and doesn’t have the same opportunity to earn the M&M.) So now, when I tell her to sit on the potty, he goes and watches her, and if she doesn’t go right away he says, “Did you go? Oh, not yet. Sit on the potty a little longer, so you can go pee-pee and get a M&M.” (I'm sure there's no ulterior motive involved.) There's little that brings as much joy as seeing my children love each other. I pray that my children will be the best of friends!

1 comment:

  1. Chase, you are awesome! I appreciate how much you love and cherish Sarah by doing special things for her. You are a great husband!

    Way to go, Rina Bean! Keep up the good work and maybe you could rub off on your cousin, Connor!

    Love To All!
    Briana

    ReplyDelete