Friday, July 16, 2010

A Day at the Beach!

(Okay, so I still have trouble getting my head around blogging and getting the pictures in the correct chronological order, so this first picture is from the end of our day at the beach. Otherwise, the pictures are chronological.)
Enjoying our picnic lunch after a fun time at the beach!
Today was a very special day! Chase got to take the day off and it was a beautiful warm day - a perfect day to go to the beach. This is the first time we have ever gone to the beach as a family (in almost 5 years of marriage). The kids love the water and were so excited. Chase was excited about being able to do something special as a family. I was soaking up the memories, sometimes with the camera, but the best part is when I can just interact with everyone, forget about that "I need to get a picture of this", or "I should really be straightening things up or getting ready for the next thing".



Does every guy love to grill? Well, Chase does. A picnic with Chase has to involve grilling. My mom found this little charcoal grill at a garage sale, and we've used it quite a bit. It's so nice to just pack up and take to a park.

I'm so grateful for my family, for Chase getting the day off, that he loves to spend his time off with us and putting extra work into making special memories together, for that he encourages me to take time to relax and just enjoy my family. Thank you, Lord, for a special day!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like it was an Xtra Special Day!! Love the pictures! Where is there pictures of mom!? Sarina knows how to take pictures, remember : ) I am surprised she didn't sneak the camera for a few quick pictures of her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics!
    I agree with mom. You better make sure someone takes pictures of you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! Love the pictures!
    Briana

    ReplyDelete