Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sarina is Two Today!

I can hardly believe she's two! I didn't plan anything special for today, because we're going to be celebrating with family in a few days, and (quite honestly) I almost forgot that today is the actual day! So, Chase had the grand idea of putting a candle in her oatmeal this morning and the 3 of us sang "Happy Birthday" to her.

In these past two years, Sarina has developed into a sweetheart and a spitfire. She recently moved out of her crib and into the toddler bed. We are in the process of potty training, and she seems to be catching on. As I was getting her ready for her nap today, I was about to help her get her Pull-Up on, and she said, “No. I do it myself!” (This is her new favorite line.) As she puts it on, this was our conversation:

Sarina: “It’s diaper.”

Me: “No. It’s actually a Pull-Up.”

Sarina: “No! It’s diaper!”

Me: “No. It’s kind of like a diaper, but it’s called a Pull-Up.”

Sarina: “Oh. Pull-Up?”

Sarina: (Now as she stands I pull her Pull-Up up.) “Oh-weee-so-fun!”

I started laughing. Coleton (who had just been crying because he didn’t want to take a nap) asked me what she said, so I told him, and he starts cracking up.

Just a few pictures I took today of my two kiddos on the front step...
P.S. Notice the flowers. I mean, put it on record that they're alive and thriving. I think this is the first year I've kept my flowers alive this long. (In all honestly, some of them did get scorched when I forgot to water a few days, and I had to pull them out.)

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute of Coleton and Sarina on the front step:) I can't believe that Sarina is two today!!!!!!! Have a good day.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sarina!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love you!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete